Monday 16 June 2014

Barefoot Bliss

  
      Other than just padding around barefoot on a sunny day,the last time I consciously decided to do that for an extended length of time was when I took part in a charity walk to raise funds to help conserve whales and dolphins.
       I can't remember how long the walks were...7 or 8miles and then 10,I think,in 2 consecutive years.But I do remember the feeling. On the first walk,I pushed my toddler son in his buggy for the entire time and it felt fantastic.Yes it was sometimes painful, as walking on gravelly tarmac on roads isn't easy.And yes I stepped on thistles and nettles when my attention lapsed,but all in all,I loved every moment.
       Along the way,my fellow walkers asked me "why",probably thinking I was a little crazy.But our feet are designed to walk on our wonderful planet,and maybe in our efforts to look civilised,we have forgotten that simple truth.
       My desire to know how it feels to walk gently on the earth,transformed into rediscovering childhood joy.When was the last time you freed your feet?
       Does anyone know whose quote this is?Because it's so true....
  
       Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet
       And the winds long to play with your hair
       
(Always be safe when going barefoot)

No comments:

Post a Comment